Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Logitech h540 USB Headset Review

The first thing I thought of when I was unboxing the Logitech h540: That looks comfy.
Logitech-h540-01.jpg
I’ve been issued a number of USB headsets in all the corporate companies I’ve been part of. They all had different shapes and sizes. Some had long microphones; others had big foamy ear muffs. As far as design and functionality are concerned, one of the most important things I look for in a USB headset is comfort. The Logitech H540 is one of the most comfortable headsets I’ve used while working for hours in front of my computer. The headset fits right and is adjustable, so I didn’t feel any tension while using it.
This headset is plug and play and is very suitable for PC calls. The packaging even advertises Skype so I know that this is intended for long hours of chatting.
Logitech-h540-05.jpg
I like the general look of the headset and it didn’t strike me at first as something built mainly for PC use. The piano black plastic surface and the padded leather-like material for the ears and head made it look very modern – a headset I don’t really mind using outside the workplace. The long cord is thick enough for when I accidentally tug it and comes with a Velcro strap for those neat-freaks like me who don’t like my gadget cords all over the place.
Logitech-h540-02.jpg
The small microphone can be rotated down and it’s short enough that it doesn’t bother me at all. That’s a plus since it’s intended for long chats over Skype or other messenger clients. What I like about the microphone is that when I rotate it up, it’s somewhat hidden from view and it doesn’t really look like a PC headset.
Logitech-h540-03.jpg
It has on-ear controls on the right side – volume buttons and a mute button that are big enough that I won’t have a problem searching if I need to immediately change the volume or mute the conversation. Another thing with the mute button – there is an indicator on the cable that lights up to show that I’m on mute. This is perfect for all those meetings I attend to online – I can easily switch from being a listener and a speaker without the trouble of clicking on my mouse.
Logitech-h540-04
As for sound quality, I may not be an expert when it comes to this but I thought the sound quality was crisp and rich. I played a lot of music and movies with this and it sounded great. I’ve also had a number of long online voice conferences with this and I could chat with the person on the other end with no problem at all. One thing I noticed though is that if I play music loud enough, those people surrounding me could hear the music leaking from the headset even if I’m wearing it. To some people, they really don’t mind but I don’t like bothering those who are around me.
Logitech-h540-06
Overall, I really like this USB headset and I recommend it. It performs pretty well for my office computer needs and it seems it’s tailored for communication use with the comfortable head band and the padded ear muffs, allowing me to use it for hours without being bothered.
The Logitech h540 PC Headset is already available with an SRP of Php2,580.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your Thoughts and ideas!
Your comment will be deleted if you
Spam , Adv. Or use of bad language!
Try not to! And thank for visiting and for the comment
Keep visiting and spread and share our post !!
Sharing is a kind way of caring!! Thanks again!