Lately, there has been a lot of talk about the different types of foods that can cause cancer. There are a lot of misconceptions and truths out there and we have taken it upon ourselves to make you aware of them. First things first though, we do feel it is appropriate to provide a disclaimer since we are talking about a very sensitive subject here.
Disclaimer: Just because you have eaten some of the foods below doesn’t mean you have cancer so don’t freak out just yet.
1. Hot Dogs- Did you know that the Cancer Prevention Coalition recommends that small children should not consume more than twelve hot dogs per month as they have been linked to the foods that can cause cancer.
2. Bacon- Bacon is very high in saturated fat, which actually is a contributing factor to raising your chances of getting cancer (most specifically, breast cancer.) We recommend that you limit the amount of bacon you eat.
3. Doughnuts- It is a shame that the best tasting foods are bad for you isn’t it? Doughnuts are a horrible food for breakfast as they are one of the worst cancer causing foods out there.
4. French Fries- French fries aren’t good for you, that much is common sense. However, did you know that they can contribute to raising your chances of getting cancer? They clog your arteries with saturated fat and contain acrylamides. In other words, avoid french fries.
5. Microwavable Popcorn- Did you know that the chemicals that line the microwavable bag have been linked to infertility in humans? Not only that but it can be a contributing factor to testicular cancer.